Our Walker Honey Farm Spreadables are so very versatile and can add that extra something special to almost any recipe. Our whipped Honey Spreadables come in 10 different flavors; ranging from the fruity Lemon or Blueberry to spicy Garlic or Hatch Green Chile and everything in between. Check out this Granola recipe below using our Tangerine Spreadable.
Organic Homemade Granola
- 2 lb. box or bag old-fashioned organic oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded or flaked organic coconut
- 2 cups organic nuts (whole almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- 1 cup organic unsweetened dates, chopped
- 1 cup organic unsweetened dried cherries (or substitute raisins or cranberries)
- 1 cup organic dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup organic chia seeds
- ½ cup organic whole or milled flax seeds
- ¾ jar McCormick Valencia Orange Peel
- ¾ cup organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¾-1 cup Tangerine Honey Spreadable from Walker’s Honey Farm Store (more or less to preferred sweetness)
- 2 tsp. Watson’s Pure Orange Extract
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Melt coconut oil, remove from heat and stir in orange extract. Pour over dry mixture, stirring well to coat. Add honey a little at a time, stirring well to coat. Taste as you add honey to determine desired amount of sweetness.
Spray 2-3 cookie sheets with baking spray. Spread granola on cookie sheets and cook for a total of 30 minutes, stirring after the first 15 minutes. Pour the cooked granola back into your large bowl and let it cool completely, stirring occasionally, then store. Does not require refrigeration.
If you prefer unflavored granola, leave out the orange peel. The Tangerine Honey Spreadable can be replaced with any of the other wonderful flavors available at Walker’s, such as Buckwheat. For the orange extract, substitute pure vanilla extract or leave it out completely.
Recipe complements of Simple Stewardship blog at Wordpress.com